Thursday, March 15, 2012

John Carter Rocks

I've already noted that I really enjoyed John Carter. Apparently, I'm not alone in that. Most of the bloggers I follow seem to agree. Professional critics seem to be lukewarm at best and the entertainment professional are already calling it a turkey after only it's first weekend. How can a movie be a turkey or a flop after one weekend? Maybe word of mouth can make a difference. So here's my mouth. John Carter is a great action movie of the old school. It has violence but no profanity or nudity. It's great movie for ages 12 and up. Go see it and tell your friend,and if my words not enough...

Barsoom!

one-line review: john carter of mars

Howard Taylor

John Carter: Old-Fashioned Sci-Fi Leaps to Life

Film review: John Carter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For you boys and girls who don't know,this was written by Edgar Rice Burroughs (?), You know, the guy who wrote the Tarzan series. If you want to read early sci fi,go find a copy you will be happy you did.

kfg said...

"How can a movie be a turkey or a flop after one weekend?"

Follow the money.

"no . . . nudity."

Well, to be fair, John Carter is one of the few stories where that might legitimately be construed as an issue, but it's not like I actually thought it would be filmed as written, so I'll let that pass.