Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Hunger Games

I noticed The Hunger Games when I saw an article in Entertainment Weekly about the making of the movie. I've seen Jennifer Lawrence in Winter's Bone and X-Men: First Class and like her. That was enough to pick up the first novel. A week and a half later I'd read them all. They are good reads all. So I went to see the movie the other day and was pleased that it stayed closely to the plot of the original novel. the producers apparently saw no need to improve it. If you liked the book you'll like the movie. The cast is good. I'm not sure Donald Sutherland or Woody Harrelson are the actors I've have chosen for their respective roles but that's small stuff.

I've also heard a lot about the implied politics of the novel/movie and I thinks it's like Alan Moore's V for Vendetta in that you can read into it what you want. I lean toward it being an indictment of big government and the MSM, but someone else might say it a right-wing government gone in league with FoxNews gone amok. Who cares? I don't. It's all good stuff. Go see it.

No comments: