Monday, December 8, 2008

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

I liked The first in the series, The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. I thought it was a well done adaptation. Prince Caspian is better. Its harder and darker. People fight and as a result people die. I get tires of films where swords flash and slash but no one bleeds. This film doesn't hide the consequences of violence or glorify it. You can actually believe that the four Pevensie children had grown to adulthood only to find themselves children again. In battle you can believe they know what the hell they're doing. Excellent adaptation. Excellent effects. Excellent direction by Andrew Adamson. All the actors give excellent performances. The film should win awards but for some reason I don't expect it will. For my part I find it to be the best film I've seen this year. I can't wait to see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

No comments: