Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Illinois Governor in Federal Custody

The New York Times reports that Illinois Governor, Rod R. Blagojevich, put his appointment of Barak Obama's Senate seat on the block. It doesn't surprise me after all this is Illinois and therefore "Chicago" politics. It does surprise he was so blatant. I was also listening to Alan Colmes on the radio. He mentioned that some on the right are pointing at Obama and accusing him of complicity in this. I don't buy it. Obama was a creation of Chicago political machine. That in itself implies a degree of corruption. He would have had to play the game to get ahead. But that doesn't imply stupidity and boy was this stupid. The Feds have Blagojevich on tape bragging.
“I’ve got this thing, and it’s [expletive deleted] golden. And I’m just not giving it up for [expletive deleted] nothing. I’m not going to do it. And I can always use it. I can parachute me there.”

If he had been just a little discrete probably no one would have been the wiser. What bothers me is Blagojevich still gets to make the appointment! Can you [expletive deleted] believe this?

No comments: