Saturday, May 16, 2009

Buddy the Pit Bull

I saw this and thought of the time I had a pit bull for a roommate. He was found roaming with no tags, and it was take him home or let animal control off him. At the time Durham County wouldn't adopt out pit bulls. I had him for about four months before I by pure chance found his owner. Anyway, I lived in an apartment at the time and would have to leave him there alone while I was at work. I came home one morning to find some of my hardcovers chewed up including a couple of signed and numbered editions. I stared at him over the front sight for about a minute before I holstered and found a newspaper to beat his ass. Wasn't his fault after all. I should have found a sitter. I also blocked the books on the bottom shelf so he wouldn't look there for a chew toy again. By the way, he stared at the .45 and then ran like hell when he saw the newspaper.

No comments: