Thursday, May 28, 2009

About everything we do around here is government intrusion in people's lives.

"It is a way to coerce people out of their cars, yeah," LaHood admitted. "Look, people don't like spending an hour and a half getting to work. And people don't like spending an hour going to the grocery store. And all of you who live around here know exactly what I'm talking about.... About everything we do around here is government intrusion in people's lives."
US Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood is a perfect example of the bureaucratic trash that sees himself not as the public's servant but as our master. I suspect most bureaucrats see matters this way, but most aren't so damn blatant about it. There is at least a pretense that they serve the public and not the other way round. As I see it any intrusion into my life by the government is unnecessary and my behavior isn't yours to modify. LaHood needs to look for career opportunities elsewhere.

H/T to Dick

No comments: