Friday, February 6, 2009

So much for a united front...


On the way home from work I was listening to eviiil unbalanced Talk Radio. They were broadcasting the Senate Debate[??] on the Stimulus bill. I was actually paying more attention to the road than the radio when I heard Arlen Spector announced. He was speaking in favor of their bill and bragging that a "bipartisan" group had cut 100 billion dollars from the total. It was only 795 billion now. You mean to tell me that your "bipartisan" gang could only pare 100 billion from that gigantic pile of Pork excrement? Arlen I guess it was too much to ask for the Republicans in the Senate to show a united front and hold the line against this legislative horror. I probably shouldn't have expected anything less after your vote on the Holder nomination. I understand there was money for STD prevention in the House Bill. I'm assuming that some of that money will go to pay for condoms. If the Senate passes this bill we're going to need them.

UPDATE:
3 turncoat Republicans have agreed to join with taxpayer-screwing Democrats in a compromise 'economic stimulus package.' The 3 liberal Republicans are Arlen Specter, Susan Collins, and Olympia Snowe.

The initial question is what was the payoff Arlen? How many pieces of silver were you offered this time? Was it the traditional 30?

No comments: