Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fast and Furious OIG Report: Whitewash

It's out. I haven't read it all of it yet. What I have read follows the White House narrative that it was a "botched" law enforcement investigation, but I did go through and count the redactions. I counted over 200. The DOJ is still hiding shit.

I have only one question and one additional observation at the moment and the observation isn't directly based on the report but a news report on the resignation of an assistant AG.

The question is don't we as the American people deserve to read the entire report? There should be no redaction of this report. The observation is simply that AG Holder is the boss. The report claims his scapegoats employees, from what I've read about the report, screwed up really big time. That makes him responsible for what happened. So when is he going to accept his responsibility and resign?

of course the answer to the question from the Obama Administration point of view is "WE decide what you need to know lowly peasant."

I also understand the Obama Administration has a problem with asking anyone on their side to accept personal responsibility for anything. Holder is going nowhere until January.

Now I'm just going to sit back and what the commentary and bullshit start flying here and there.

2 comments:

rickn8or said...

Wonder if anybody's going to decide they're not going to throw themselves on this grenade for Obama and Holder?

rickn8or said...

Annnd The Usual Suspects will start howling for more gun control laws in 3... 2... 1...