Saturday, May 1, 2010

S&W M4516 repair.

A friend was at the range the other day shooting and his Smith & Wesson 4516 malfunctioned. He pulled the trigger and the hammer did nothing much. He brought it to me to look at. The arm on the ejector was broken off [how the fuck...?]. What was left had torn through nylon ejector depressor plunger so that the spring pushed through and got mangled during the operation of the slide. I’ve been told it’s not uncommon but it’s the first time I’ve seen it. Most of the Smith’s I worked on in the past got regular preventive maintenance and avoided the issue. I've got an ejector but I'll have to order the plunger and spring. It’s a simple fix with eight dollars worth of parts. I ordered the parts and they came in a couple of days ago. Tomorrow I'll do the repair.

No comments: