Saturday, November 7, 2009

Reading...

The other day I was talking to a friend of mine who runs a used bookstore and he pointed me toward the novels of Donald Westlake written under the psuedonym Richard Stark. For the most part the fiction I read is science fiction. The only crime novelist I read with any regularity is Max Allan Collins. His Nate Heler books are fine historical crime novels. The Quarry books are good crime noir. His others run hot and cold for me. I tried one of Westlake's Dortmunder books about twenty years ago was was less than impressed. At the library the Wednesday I picked up Stark's The Hunter and have about twenty pages to go. The novel has been adapted into two movies, Point Blank and Payback, and I liked both. The book is better and I'll be looking up the rest of the Parker novels.

No comments: