Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Carry and get a big dog...

I read about this on a couple of blogs. I'm glad Brigid wasn't harmed. Too bad the dog didn't get a piece of ass [couldn't resist, sorry].

Brigid's right. You can still be a victim in even the nicest neighborhoods. I've lived in Durham, North Carolina or nearby all my life. Durham is a crime ridden shithole. Its my home. The local LEOs do a good job, but the truth is the truth. In 37 years neither my home nor car was broken into then I bought a house in the county and the house has been broken into twice and the van once. The second time the house got broken into my wife walked in on the shitbird [I think I've blogged on this once before] and by the grace of God saw him out the back door by means of a .22 pistol. She missed. He ran. I had to replace the blow out glass in the storm door, and I'm sure he had to change his pants. No problems since. I'm glad my wife had the means to defend herself and the kids. You can't depend solely on the cops. You have to take responsibility for your own safety. That's a lesson you don't want to learn the hard way.

2 comments:

Home on the Range said...

Thank you. I'm moving further out. Will I still get broken into? Maybe, but it's less likely when there aren't apartments full of unemployed, drop outs and druggies living only a few miles away now that this has burned into a "bedroom community" to the big city, rather than the little farming burg it had been.

kahr40 said...

Good luck and be safe...and armed.