Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Shooting in Oakland

Four Oakland CA Police Officers were killed yesterday in two separate incidents. The first two during a traffic stop and the second two in an attempt to apprehend the suspect. The shooter was also killed. My condolences to the officers families and co-workers. I'll even offer my condolences to the family of the shooter. The shooter got what he deserved. My regret is that he didn't get it before he killed the officers.

I expect those bloodsuckers with the Brady Campaign will try to use this incident to push for more gun control and a renewed assault weapons ban. They'll fail to mention that California is listed in their rankings as having the kinds of gun control laws they wish the rest of the states had and that said laws didn't fucking work. The shooter was a violent felon and had firearms. Enough. He should not have been released. He should not have been on parole. Had he still been incarcerated he would not have had the opportunity to have a firearm in violation of existing gun laws. The State and its courts that let him free are responsible for these shootings. Howard Nemerov covers the issue much better than I.

No comments: