Tuesday, March 17, 2009

NRA on once fired brass...nothing!

What the frack is going on. I went over to the NRA website and the NRAILA to see what they had to say about their efforts to reverse the DOD's directive on the shredding of once fired brass. I found jack. I went to the GOA website and found jack. This is potentially one of the worst attacks on the 2nd and years and neither has anything on it. What's going on?
UPDATE: Via Thirdpower: Montana Shooting Sports Association reports DOD has reversed its policy on once fired brass.
I just received a phone call from the office of U.S. Senator Tester of Montana to inform me that at 5:15 (EST) today a letter cosigned by Senator Tester (D-MT) and Senator Baucus (D-MT) was faxed to the Department of Defense asking DoD to reverse its new policy requiring destruction of fired military cartridge brass. At 5:30, I am told, Tester's office received a fax back from DoD saying that the brass destruction policy IS reversed.

UPDATE: From Georgia Arms we get additional confirmation. Done until next time.

No comments: