Monday, September 16, 2019

New The Far Side Coming

The Best News in a Long Time: The Far Side Is Coming Back
I have fond memories of the comics strips, comic books, television, movies, books I read growing up. That would include strips like The Far Side, Calvin and Hobbes, and Bloom County that I read as an adult. I was still growing up then. What I have found is that in many cases the fond memories don't translate to the present. I loved The Wild, Wild, West as a pre-teen. I tried to watch it again when a friend loaned me his DVD collection a few years back. All the magic was gone. Dennis the Menace as I knew it as a child, Pre-teen, and teen does nothing for me now. The first two years of the strip on the other hand are as good as anything Bill Watterson did in Calvin and Hobbes. The second run of Bloom County never touched the first run. I decided I'd rather keep the fond memories so I don't go back to read or watch the old stuff that much any more. I hope I don't fell that way about The Far Side relaunch.

No comments: