Sunday, June 21, 2015

Recently Watched

You'll notice on the sidebar is a link titled Movies 2015. these are the movies I've watched this year that were released this year. I've been doing this for a couple of years. Some I watch on DVD. Some I see in the theater. I list them in my order of preference. Mostly I just list them over there and don't review them here. I'm not really into discussing why I like or dislike a movie. You should get a notion of how much I liked it by where it sits on the list. In the past week I've watched The Gunman, Woman in Gold, and Inside Out.

The Gunman stars Sean Penn and usually I can't stand that ******. I held off watching Eastwood's Mystic River years because that ****** and Tim Robbins were in it. I still can't stand him, but this movie is a decent action flick by the same director as the original Taken. I liked Pierre Morel's work enough to swallow my bile. It's a decent action flick but not a great one. I suggest you wait for it to show up on the boob tube.

Woman in Gold is about a woman's fight to reclaim a painting stolen from her family by the Nazis. It is well done in all respects plus it has Helen Mirren in the lead role. I liked Mirren even before she went full auto in Red. Ryan Reynolds is also in this film and he is good in it. Highly recommended.

Pixar's latest is Inside Out. I have mixed feelings about it that I'm still working on, but those issues will fly right by your kids. They'll like it.

No comments: