Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I get stressed. I get down. I read.

Ring of Fire III, edited by Eric Flint is the latest. It was preceded by Michael Z. Williamson's Rogue, Robert Buettner's Orphanage, Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, and H. Beam Piper's The Cosmic Computer.

Piper's is an old favorite that I read years ago and, having reread it, am damn sorry I didn't get to it sooner. Rogue is standard Williamson. It has a fast paced plot that grabs you and surprises you when you realize it over. Orphanage is good, well written military science fiction. Collins' books are young adult novels. I read an article in some magazine about the movie adapting the Hunger Games and it perked my interest. I picked up the book and found I couldn't put it or the sequel down. Ring of Fire III is now up to bat and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

1 comment: