Monday, February 28, 2011

Rule 3 Violation?

A high-ranking trooper accidentally fired her service weapon last week at the headquarters of the N.C. Highway Patrol in downtown Raleigh.

Maj. Patricia Poole, who commands the patrol's administrative services staff, was inside a bathroom in the Archdale Building when her .357 caliber Smith & Wesson discharged.

No one was injured."
The Highway Patrol's spokesman dismissed the incident with "Stuff happens, ... When you go to the restroom, you have about 10 pounds you have to take down to do ... whatever."

Yes, but it shouldn't. They're properly trained unlike civilian gun owners. I'm also curious as to whether it happened when she was dropping her drawers for "whatever" or when holstering afterwards. My bet would be on number two.

H/T to Sean.

UPDATE: Sean has more here. The event isn't in question. The reporter's spin is.

2 comments:

Sean D Sorrentino said...

I've spoken to the Public Affairs Officer, and I'm still chasing the reporter. I'll have an update soon.

Sean D Sorrentino said...

I spoke to the reporter and the State Trooper. I think the whole thing was a hit piece.

http://ncguns.blogspot.com/2011/02/stuff-happens-part-2.html