Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Brake job

My wife and I had the brakes done on her Buick Teraza a month or so ago at a local shop. After the work was done the brakes kept squealing. We took it back and were told the rotors were "glazed". In fact they didn't turn the rotors and wanted another 200+ to do so. Uh no. Today I took the day off while dad-in-law was in town and we removed the rotors, had them turned, and put them back on. It took five hours. I've done the brakes on the old van I drive several times. It takes about an hour to do the front brakes. It was obvious that the rotors hadn't been removed since the factory. The damn calipers felt like they'd been put on with an air wench and I'm sure they were. The majority of the time was spent getting the rotors off. Getting them back on took less than an hour. To the "gentleman" with the air wench...[thumb to nose fingers wiggling].

No comments: