Monday, July 20, 2020

Recently Read

At the End of the World by Charles E. Gannon
Gannon has been allowed to play in John Ringo's Black Tide Rising world and he makes the best of it. Several teenagers on a summer cruise [sailboat] are at sea when the zombie virus strikes. fortunately for them their Captain has a history and prepares them for what comes next, and that's the fun. This is very well done and clearly the first of more than one in a new Black Tide Rising side series. I'm looking forward to the next. Highly Recommended.

End of Summer, A Bright Shore, Come and Take It, and New Shores by S. M. Anderson
I've found a new author and boy am I happy. I read them back to back and can't wait for more. End of Summer is the first of a series that tells the tale of the aftermath of a pandemic that kills 99% of the world's population. A former Ranger carries out his wife last wish. Lots of action follows as he battles a slaver tyrant. That may not sound like much or like many another post-apocalyptic novel, but its the execution that makes the difference. It's like this. I see a John Ringo book. I buy it. I see a David Weber book. I buy it. I see a new S. M. Anderson book. I BUY it. That's my recommendation to you as well.

The remaining three books are part of his Eden Chronicles. Here we have our nation moving quickly to Marxist hell. Fortunately, a decade prior a billionaire discovered an unoccupied parallel world and kept it secret. He spent the interval preparing the world to receive new pro-liberty inhabitants from our world. The first book tells that story. The other two are what happens once they get there. I'm not going to provide any more spoilers. The are all damn good. My comments above apply here as well. I'm am waiting for the next book. I see a new S. M. Anderson book. I BUY it. No questions asked.


No comments: