Thursday, July 9, 2020

Recently Read

Plague Ship by Andre Norton
i bought a collection of Norton's works and this was the first in line. I read Norton's novels a lot growing up. As I grew older I read her stuff less. Probably a mistake. This stills reads well. I don't notice the anachronisms forty years of change. Good stuff and well written. Always, highly recommended.

Marmelukes by Jerry Pournelle
This is Jerry's last novel with an assist and polish by David Weber. It's a satisfying end to his Janissary series. Who knows. Maybe Weber will write another. If he does, this is a fine ending and highly recommended.

Limelight by Dan Willis
An Arcane Casebook and the fifth in the series. I've thoroughly enjoyed them all. Highly Recommended.

Caller of Lightening by Peter J. Wacks and Eytan Kollin
This is the third n the Arcane America series. I really enjoyed the first two books in the series. Here we get the tale of how Ben Franklin came into his powers. The writers are new to me. I've no issue with the book it just didn't grab me as the last two did. It's good not great and recommended.





No comments: