Sunday, September 9, 2018

Burt Reynolds, RIP

I watched Smokey and the Bandit again for the first time in decades last night. Mostly to celebrate the late Burt Reynolds but also to see if the movie still held up. It did. The one scene that brought both laughter and tears was the one where an elderly lady notifies the Bandit that a highway is shut down due to an accident. The camera then shows us the lady standing in her car the back half of which is under the trailer of a semi. The driver tells her that she needs to learn how to use a turn signal. WE, my siblings and I, took my mom's driving privileges from her when she drove through a red light and was t-boned. The van tumbled. She walked away uninjured which says something about her relationship with the almighty. She told me she couldn't see the traffic light for the sun and just knew it had to be green. That scene reminded me of mom and how much I miss her.

I wish the family of Mr. Reynolds my condolences and only fond memories in their loss. Mr. Reynolds, rest inand peace and thank you.

No comments: