Friday, May 9, 2014

Recently Read

Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn
Conquistador de la Noche by Carrie Vaughn
Dreams of the Golden Age by Carrie Vaughn
The Honor of the Queen, Second Edition by David Weber
The Forge by David Drake and S. M. Stirling
The Hammer by David Drake and S. M. Stirling

I'd read Vaughn's Discord's Apple and After the Golden Age, enjoyed them immensely, so finding After the Golden Age made my day. Go get and read them all. Now the Kitty books were another thing. My oldest daughter had recommended them, but I avoided them thinking them just more furry romance. I read the first in the series now and, while it isn't up to Apple and the Golden Age, I did enjoy it. I'll read more with the expectation the quality will improve. The Weber book supposedly has new material in it. I didn't notice any differences from the first edition. Weber is always fun to read whether its the first or third time reading the same book. Forge and Hammer were also rereads. Still good the fourth time around.

Sometimes the old stuff is just the thing you need.

No comments: