Thursday, August 9, 2012

Total Recall

I remember enjoying the original Total Recall but I haven't watched it in at least ten years. I've found with age Schwarzenegger's one liners aren't as funny and while I've always liked him as a performer I'd never go so far as to call him an actor. I liked the remake better. Like most Hollywood sci fi you have to turn the logic circuits off before you go into the theater. This was grittier and I like gritty. I also like Colin Farrell in the lead better than Schwarzenegger. Farrell can act. There's also Kate Beckinsale. The story is pretty much the same but I prefer Len Wiseman's direction to that of Paul Verhoeven who can go to hell for Starship Troopers. I like the way Wisemen's films look. The action was good and there were neat guns. Did I say there's Kate Beckinsale?

No comments: