Friday, June 8, 2012

Prometheus

About the only way I can go to the theater these days and actually watch the movie stress free are the midnight showings. The estranged wife and the kids are all in bed and the likelihood of a crisis of some sort is slight. I'm glad I went to see Prometheus at the late/early show. I've seen all four of the Alien movies in the theater. The Alien V. Predator films were seen on DVD. Honestly, the only two worth a damn were Alien and Aliens. The others wasted the premise. Prometheus looks great on the big screen. With Prometheus Ridley Scott, the original director, comes back to the franchise and boy can you tell a difference. The plot keeps you interested and, toward the end, on the edge of your seat. Mysteries from the original film are revealed but without going over the same ground. All of the performers do a stand up job. My favorites are Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron, and Idris Elba. It's well worth the cost of the ticket.

No comments: