Friday, July 22, 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger

I went to the midnight showing of Captain America: The First Avenger. I was pleasantly surprised. It true, at least in spirit, to the original comics and there was nothing that really pissed me off as a fan. I even got to see some of the Howling Commandos on screen for the first time. That would be "Dum Dum" Dugan, "Pinky" Pinkerton, and Gabriel Jones. I'm disappointed we didn't get to see SGT Fury but I understand it would have been kinda hard since he's a Colonel, played by Samuel Jackson, in the Marvel films placed in the modern era. Whatever. It's an entertaining film. Go see it.

2 comments:

RobertSlaughter said...

Oh, please, that'd be easy -- SGT Fury of WW2 is today's Col Fury's dad (or grandad).

kahr40 said...

In the main continuity SGT Fury of WW2 is the Colonel Fury of today. He gets a shot that keeps him young. The Colonel Fury of Iron Man and the movie continuity is from the Ultimates line. One is white the other black. It'd be just to big an anachronism for me to swallow not that Hollywood would have a problem with it.