Saturday, July 31, 2010

ARRRRRGH!

There’s a special place on the wrong side of my front sight fro the worthless sons of bitches who wrote the extortionware called Antivir Solutions Pro. I put these guys in the same category as pedophiles and Nigerian scam artists. I’ve seen versions of this scam before but have always managed to keep it off the home PC until tonight. This “thing” blocked me from every program I attempted to open with a “this program is corrupted” window. My malware program was the same. I couldn’t open Chrome and Firefox and IE opened but gave me a window that claimed the site I was trying to reach was hazardous. I couldn’t open regedit or windows explorer to attempt to track down its pieces of this “thing”. So after minutes of profanity I drove over to my friend Lee’s apartment and borrowed his machine to find a solution and now I know. I booted the machine in safe mode ran malwarebytes and got the little bastards. I’m up and running again but should I ever find myself face to face with the extortionists who wrote this “thing” their kneecaps are mine.

No comments: