Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Here we go again.

I was at work last night when I got an emergency call from my wife that they had no water. the facets were dry. I returned home and checked under the house. No burst pipes. The pressure gauge showed about 10 pounds of the tank. There was power and at that point there was not a damn thing else I could do. Today, a friend of the family, who happens to be a plumber, showed up to help. We had power at the well head and figured a burned out pump. So we pulled the pump and found hose. Wiring in the well was abraded and corroded. Turned out to be an easy, relatively, fix at less than twenty dollars in parts. The cost of a replacement pump would have been $328. We still don't know what the labor costs will be. Hey he's a friend but he don't work for free. Now on to the next crisis.

2 comments:

The Duck said...

Understand that, mine is a jet pump, and last year, I kept running out of water, thought I was going to have to replace pump, but turned out with low rain fall, well was just slow on recovering, which while a hassle, it didn't cost anything, just waited on Mother Nature to catch up

kahr40 said...

That was a worry until we pulled the pump and hit water about 30 feet down. The well is at least 100 feet deep. Pressure leaves a bit to be desired but I got lucky.