Friday, June 24, 2022

HeroesCon 2022

One day at a convention the size of HeroesCon clearly isn't enough. This was my third time there and I should have known better.

I hit Mike Grell's table first off and commissioned the above and got some art and a book signed. Next was Don Rosa. This time I cam prepared to get a drawing. He particular about who he gives them to: fans only. I qualified. I'm not realy a Duck fan, but I am a Don Rosa Duck fan. I then I found myself in the line for Walt Simonson for three hours with some realy nice people. That's still a big chunk of the day. Simonson was the only artist there I found who was doing sketches for free as long as you provided the art board. Nice guy. He apologized because he had to take breaks. Then it was off to find Wayne Vansant were I purchased a lot of neat art. Really great guy to talk to. He has a new Battron book coming out next year. He showed me the proofs. Looks great. It was a hit and miss for getting stuff signed the rest of the time. I did pick up a nice Usagi drawing from Michael Dooney, and a few other odds and ends from others. The Chris Claremont line? Too long. Took a pass.

There were some artists who seemed to be rarely at their table, but, all in all, a lot of really nice guys. It did feel rushed though. Next year, two days events allowing.

Don Rosa
The Crowd

 

Mike Grell

No comments: