Thursday, July 29, 2021

How I Spent My Day

Galaxy Con came to Raleigh, North Carolina so I spent the afternoon and early evening wandering around and collecting covention sketches. Mostly it was ordering them and waiting, and waiting. I got there early so I could get them locked in. It's a four day pop culture con with celebrities of all sorts. Most of the "famous" won't come in until the weekend, but that's not why I was there and pretty much ignored them. I did meet Barry Bostwick by accident. Part of the con, the only part I was really interested in, was writers and artists. I got sketches from Mike Grell, Bob Hall, Moritat, and Georges Jeanty. Books signed by D. J. Butler. All were friendly and willing to spend time with an old fan. The panel with Grell and fun and full of interesting stories of his career. The venders seemed a little thin and there wasn't what I would call a crown, but it was the first day and a weekday. In any event I had fun.

No comments: