Saturday, August 17, 2019

Recent Addition: Enrique Nieto

I saw this page on eBay and liked the way the artist drew the fight. Nice Action. The seller did not credit an artist but did note the comic it was published in was War #9, a Charlton Comic, from 1977. My goto for that kind of information, the Grand Comics Database, had no credits for the story, Horatius at the Bridge. A friend and I were able to find another page from that story at Heritage Auctions credited to Enrique Nieto. Lambiek had a short bio on Neito. All that elicited a "huh?" from both of us. I've been buying comics since the early 70's. As soon as I had money of my own to spend, I bought comics. I had probably seen many examples of his art during the late 70's just didn't know who he was. This page kinda makes me wish I had.

No comments: