Saturday, March 1, 2014

My mom...

...was born in August of 1921. She grew up in North Carolina. Her father was a shop keeper and later a farmer. She met and married my dad around 1941 and worked for Duke University until retirement. Other than her family, her church was the center piece in her life. The last couple of years had been hard on mom with falls and broken bones. She passed away today. The last few years had been hard on mom with falls, broken bones, illness, and the burden of getting old. I know she is with my dad now and doesn't hurt anymore. That is a good thing. She is survived by her three children, ten grandchildren, and eight grandchildren. That's a good legacy, but I have not a clue what I'm going to do without her.

4 comments:

Borepatch said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

jeff said...

My condolences, sir.

kahr40 said...

Thanks guys from the bottom of my heart.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss.