Thursday, February 18, 2010

Original Art

I was thinking about what original comic art I’d like to own. No reason, just pondering. Several years ago I picked up four pages of Steve Dillon’s Preacher art at reasonable prices. I ended up giving one away and selling another on eBay for three times what I paid. I kept my two favorites and have managed to resist the need to sell them. I’d truly love to have a page of Grell’s Jon Sable or Warlord, Terry Beatty’s Ms. Tree, or Stan Sakai’s Usagi Yojimbo. Grell’s art is available and reasonably priced. Stan Sakai, I understand doesn’t sell his originals. I’ve not seen any of Beatty’s Ms. Tree art anywhere. All that aside I’d like to own a page of John Severin or Russ Heath’s art. Don’t care from what comic or whether it’s old or new. Their art is bloody marvelous. They put the current crop of comic artists to shame. Oh well, one day, maybe.

No comments: