Monday, February 16, 2009

Watching Movies

Saw Bolt. It's an excellent family movie. The hamster rocks.

Coraline is not a family movie. This is not for young children. My eight year old wanted to leave 2/3's into it. She said it was scary. I think the imagery was a bit too disturbing for her. It was made by the same crew as The Nightmare before Christmas. That should give you an idea of what to expect. What I saw I liked but I like Neil Gaiman and I'm already a bit warped. I'd suggest preteens and up.

Defiance: This is one you all need to see. Go read Vanderboegh's review of the movie and book upon which it was based. He's says it better than I ever could. I'll be looking for a copy of the book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My kiddo loved Coraline. But he's 10 today and warped just like his parents.