Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dwile Flonking

I'd like to use this as one example of Great Britain as a nanny state but there's so many damned examples of the same idiotic, bureaucratic behavior here in the States. For example the banning of drinking games on University campuses because when they play them they get drunk. Like it takes a game to to get a college student upchuck drunk when alcohol is around. I think they'll find they same true in the UK.
Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy. - H. L. Mencken
Dwile Flonking, a game that involved beer soaked rags flung at other players and the penalty of downing a beer when you missed is now illegal in the UK. Considering it's Great Britain the guy who made it through the game sober was probably the loser.

Yes, I stole the quote from the article but in my defense I'd seen it before.

H/T to Radley.

No comments: