Saturday, March 26, 2011

One more thing...

My oldest daughter and I went to see Sucker Punch this evening. The visuals were great as was the action. The plot suited me find and the actors pulled off their characters with ease. I liked it. It also had Scott Glenn in it and I've always liked him. The post title is his line.

My conversation with the cashier at the ticket counter was as follows:

Cashier: Are you a Senior?

Me: [Shrug] I'm Fifty.

Cashier: I was just trying to see if you got a discount.

Me: Honey, If it will get me a discount, I'm a Senior.

I got in for $6.75.

Me to my giggling daughter as we walked away tickets in hand: Shut up.

4 comments:

rickn8or said...

Just wait until your eight year-old asks "Who's Paul McCartney?"

Happened to me in 1988.

Sean D Sorrentino said...

SO, did you get the impression that, at a minimum, Rocket was just an alternate personality of Sweet Pea?

I'm starting to wonder if all the girls were just alternate personalities of Sweet Pea, who had multiple personality disorder.

kahr40 said...

It's worse than that. I work with people who never saw the original Star Wars Trilogy in the theater or on video. All they've ever seen have been Lucas' revisionism.

--

Hadn't given it that much thought but considering the reality within a reality within a reality form of the movie, it's possible. I really think I'm going to go see it again.

kahr40 said...

Who knows, maybe they'll give me the senior rate again.