Friday, February 12, 2010

I hate to be such a fanboy...

...but Max Allan Collins left me a comment thanking me for my comments on his creation Ms. Tree. That's fricking neat.

I have all of the Ms. Tree comics and reread them often. I've watched his movies. His Nate Heller novels are among my favorites. He wrote Dick Tracy for years and even had a stint on Batman. About the only thing he's done that I haven't read are his novelizations and that has more to do with my dislike for movie novelizations and CSI.

BTW Mr. Collins, more Nate Heller please.

2 comments:

Max Allan Collins said...

BYE BYE, BABY, the first Nate Heller in ten years, will be published by TOR/Forge in 2010.

It's about the murder of Marilyn Monroe.

I'll be writing the JFK Heller this year.

There have been several Heller short stories published in recent years, including last year's "The Blonde Tigress," pubbed in EQMM and a Shamus nominee.

Thanks for your interest -- Heller is my favorite character, though I admit Quarry is a fairly close second.

kahr40 said...

I've been intending to pick up Quarry in the Middle. I'll look up the short stories. New Heller, You've made my day. Thanks and you're welcome.