Monday, December 15, 2008

My Favorite Gun

I've got a Browning Hi-power I'm really fond of but if I'm honest with myself it's my Smith & Wesson 686 stainless steel .357 revolver with a four inch barrel. I used to carry it at work. Then we switched to a piece of crap Smith and Wesson 4586 double action only semi-auto. I hated that gun. the trigger sucked. I never really saw the advantage of switching from a revolver I shot expert with to a pistol I shot well with. And yes how much I liked the gun effected how well I shot with it. I could get off the same number of rounds with the revolver, using speed loaders, as most officers could with a semi-auto with a magazine change, and my fire was a hell of a lot more accurate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I put a cylinder and slide trigger and sear in my BHP and it is AWESOME.(the mag disconnect is necessarily removed when the trigger is installed)

kahr40 said...

My works well as is and I'm of the if it ain't broke school of thought. The triggers nice and smooth out of simple wear.