Friday, December 26, 2008

Father due in court after toddler shot on Christmas Eve

From WRAL we get this. A father leaves his 9mm and his kid at his mother's house. The 3 year old gets hold of the gun and shoots and kills himself. The father by the by is a convicted felon. My condolences to the family even the twit father who essentially murdered his own son by leaving a loaded weapon unsecured at his mother's house. The father is in custody and I hope he stays there for a long damn time. Which brings me to my points: all two of 'em.

First, let's beat that horse. It sure ain't dead yet or this wouldn't happen. If you have a gun its either locked up or under your direct control i.e. on your person. That's the only way "accidents" like this don't happen.
Second, "Investigators said that Pharell got access to a 9-millimeter handgun, and it discharged, killing him." I hope the gun is also in custody since it apparently discharged of its own volition. This is journalism?

I am so tired of this crap: criminal negligence and negligent journalism.

2 comments:

cocked and loaded said...

WTVD is reporting that the three
year old most likely shot himself,
which is more realistic than trying
to convince folks that the evil
gun "discharged" on its own.

kahr40 said...

It just pisses me off that they don't think before they write.