Monday, December 1, 2008

Movies

I do Netflix. I find its the least expensive method of getting my movie fix. I can get about twelve to fourteen DVDs a month for seventeen dollars. It beats the hell out eight dollars a pop to see a movie at the theater. If I don't like what I ordered I don't feel obligated to watch the whole thing, and I just send it back and the next one comes.

The last ten movies I've gotten were...

Samurai Spy - still watching it. I really hate to read movies but this one's an exception to the rule.
Fred Claus - I really should know by now that Vince Vaughn and I just can't get along.
Sukiyaki Western Django - Crap. Tarrantino is in it. Need I say more. As an actor he makes a video store clerk.
Kitaro - Japanese kiddie movie. Not what I expected and proof that you should read the reviews before dropping a film into your queue.
Hancock - A fun movie but I saw it in the theater and it wasn't as fun the second time around.
Primeval: Seasons 1 & 2: - good stuff. BBC sci fi. Don't let that turn you off. It better than average BBC fare by far.
Hellboy II: The Golden Army - great movie
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - ok but I think its time someone rescued the franchise from its creator.
Kung Fu Panda - great movie
Get Smart - great movie

I'm not a critic or at least not one with a whole lot to say. If I had to pick one to recommend it would be an even toss up between Get Smart and Hellboy.

No comments: