Sunday, September 5, 2010

Virgin Mobile can kiss my...

I dropped my cell phone Friday and it hit the floor and the pieces went in two different directions. My service is with Virgin Mobile. For $25 a month I get 300 minutes and unlimited text. Most of my phone time is with wife and kids and we do that by text. The 300 minutes usually lasts me the month. So I went and bought a new Virgin Mobile phone only to be told by the “Live Advisor” that it wouldn’t work with my plan because it’s a “PayLo” phone. My response was a phone is a phone just plug in the numbers. The Live Advisor said no can do. Appears the serial number was the wrong serial number for my plan to something I didn't want and there was no way to finesse the system into accepting it, or so the rep said. I asked to talk to a supervisor. He told me it wouldn’t do any good.
“So let me get this straight. You’re refusing to let me talk to your supervisor?”
“It won't do any good.”
"[Expletives Deleted] and thank you for nothing.”
I hung up, the new phone went back to Target, and Virgin Mobile can kiss my ass.
Unreasonable? Who? Me?

2 comments:

John Richardson said...

Not unreasonable in the least. The customer service (sic) representative should have passed you on to his supervisor. He or she probably has orders telling them that if they do that the supervisor has the right to make their life a living hell for the next 24 hours.

If you haven't tossed the pieces of the phone, I'd pack it up and send it to Sir Richard Branson himself.

kahr40 said...

That's a thought.