Saturday, November 14, 2009

Reading...

...In the Stormy Red Sky by David Drake. I like David Drake's books. I started reading his Hammer's Slammers stories and for a while read everything he wrote but then I stopped. The books he was writing got dark and I just didn't enjoy his solo novels. That's probably more of a reflection on me than his writing. I did continue to read most of his collaborations with other authors avidly. Then I picked up Redliners and found that I could read his solo novels again. I especially like the Lt. Leary novels. Damn good space opera. I had trouble getting into his latest. Not the book's fault. I have a pile of books and the order keeps shifting. Now I'm into it and its as good as the others. Go pick up a copy and enjoy.

2 comments:

Tam said...

The Lt. Leary series has been more consistently enjoyable over more books than any other series I can think of offhand.

Weber only wishes he could have kept the QC that consistent in the Honorverse.

kahr40 said...

I hadn't really thought about it but I can't think of a series that I've enjoyed over the run of the series as much as the Lt. Leary books that wasn't at least co-written by Drake. Well, maybe the Dies the Fire series by Stirling.