Friday, December 21, 2012

Seriously. That's it?

I was considering renewing my membership with the NRA until I heard the NRA presser. Not the best speech I've heard lately. Fortunately, the NRA has other talents but speechifying, and Mr. La Pierre the last thing we need is more police, or armed security in our schools. Now armed teachers or administrators is another matter and if the NRA would offer it's resources to train them that would be a good thing. The last thing we need is a TSA for Tots*.
Aw, who the hell am I kidding. I probably still will renew, but I'll also send as much cash as I can to the Second Amendment Foundation, Gun Owners of America, and our local group,Grassroots North Carolina, and anybody else fighting the good fight. Never hurts to hedge one's bets.

* Credit were credit is due: Read in in the comments on this post over at Tam's place. Tasso typed it and it was too damn good to pass up.

No comments: