Saturday, December 29, 2012

I've gone on a movie binge..

...the last couple of days. The movies in question would be The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Jack Reacher, Premium Rush, and Lincoln.

I was hesitant to go see The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. I'd read Jackson was stretching the material to three movies and I couldn't see why it couldn't be done in one and after all you can only add so much padding before you get a boring damn movie. I went and saw it anyway. I'm glad I did. The first movie ends at about the book's halfway mark. It kept my attention throughout. The 48 fps 3D was the best 3D I've seen to date. I'll be interested to see what Jackson does with the next two Movies.

I read a Lee Child novel years ago but I couldn't tell you anything about it now. I enjoyed Jack Reacher enough that I may have to go back and read some of the Reacher books. It's a good action thriller. It also has Robert Duvall playing a gun store/range owner and he isn't depicted as some nut job selling firearms illegally on the side. Good stuff.

Premium Rush was a fun ride. Nothing special just a good solid piece of work by all involved.

All I'll say about Lincoln is go see it. Go see it in the theater. It's well worth seeing.

No comments: