Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I was working the range...

...Monday night. The weapon of one of the shooters failed to feed. She was shooting an M&P in .40 caliber. The magazine wasn’t fully in the weapon. Later the magazine dropped out of the weapon during a course of fire with the same shooter. I took the weapon and put three magazines through it with no problem. I gave back to her and let her put three magazines through it and it happened again. She was holding the pistol with pressure on the grip side to side rather than front to back and milking it. And sometimes when she squeezed side to side she’d press the magazine release and either drop the magazine to the ground or release it enough that no round was chambered. First time I’ve ever seen that happen. I corrected the shooter and we’ll se if it continues to be a problem.

One thing I have noticed is that with the M&P the magazine release doesn’t require as much pressure to release as other pistols I’ve fired. Just an observation, not necessarily a problem or complaint.

No comments: