Saturday, April 4, 2009

Cartoons by Bill Mauldin

I love Bill Mauldin's WW2 era cartoons. I had a collection of his work but loaned it a friend who never returned it. Eventually I'll buy another. This cartoon is one of my favorites and lately I damn well sympathize though not for the same reasons.





















"I feel like a fugitive from th' law of averages."


I also have a copy of Back Home and found this inside.



















With all that's going on lately i needed a laugh and thought I'd share it with you.

2 comments:

mts1 said...

I was told it's a compliment when someone keeps a book you loaned them: it became an important part of their lives. I think there's an exception for the lazy or forgetful, though.

kahr40 said...

Well he would be catagory two. At this point I have to consider it a gift.