Monday, April 20, 2009

A redneck's tale...

I've known Lee for thirty-three years. He is a redneck and makes no bones about it. He's always got my back. He told me a story shortly after we met about his stint as a cashier in a local convenience store. He had the late shift. Once two goblins came in and robbed him. They knocked him down to the floor and one leap into the air with intent of using Lee's head as the landing pad. He never landed. Lee said he looked up and saw the biggest dude he's ever seen holding one goblin by the nap of the neck. The guy asked him "What ya want me to do with him?" The other goblin was "controlled" by the big dude's companion. Maybe it's just a story. Maybe not. I know we have people here in the states that just stand there and do nothing while bad things happen. I'd like to think its happens less here than over the big pond in the UK. I am pretty confident that you won't get arrested in the States for defending yourself against an attacker. That's a claim they can't make. Rachel Lucas offers her take on the matter.

No comments: