Sunday, October 27, 2013

Books

The Dark at the End - F. Paul Wilson
Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
Percy Jackson: The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
Affliction - Laurell K. Hamilton
Cold City - F. Paul Wilson
Dark City - F. Paul Wilson

I picked up the Percy Jackson books because I'd watched the movies and was interested to see what the novels were like. They are OK.

I really liked the first few novels in the Anita Blake series but the sex came to take the lead over plot. I stopped reading them. She seems to have found a balance with this and the last book. I liked it.

F. Paul Wilson's Repairman Jack novels have always been favorites. I highly recommend them all. The best part to me was always his stings. I could take or leave the supernatural elements. The Dark at the End is all Jack the Heir with no Repairmen in it at all. I understand why at this point in the series. Still, it's a good read. Cold City and Dark City takes us back to shortly after Jack arrived in New York City and we see is evolution into Repairman Jack. No supernatural stuff. Its Jack finding his place in the world. They are part of a trilogy with the third yet to come out. If these are the last Jack novels, I'll miss them, hope for more later on, but if not, this is a good end. Thanks.

No comments: