Friday, July 8, 2011

A Bedtime Story

One night, President Obama was tossing restlessly in his White House bed. He awakened to see George Washington standing by him. Barak asked him, "George, what's the best thing I can do to help the country?"

"Set an honest and honorable example, just as I did," Washington adviseed, then faded away.

The next night, Obama was astir again, and saw the ghost of Thomas Jefferson moving through the darkened bedroom. Obama called out, "Tom, please! What is the best thing I could do to help the country?"

"Respect the Constitution, like I did," Jefferson advised, and dimmed from sight.

Barak wasn't sleeping well the third night when he saw another figure moving in the shadows. It was Abraham Lincoln's ghost. "Abe, what is the best thing I can do right now, to help the country?" Obama pleaded.

Abe replied, "Go see a play."
I got through one of those forwarded to everybody emails.

No comments: