Monday, April 9, 2018

Recently Read

Accidental Warrior by Colin Alexander

Every once in a while I just pull up Amazon and look for new authors and something new that might grab me. The synopsis for Alexander's novel reminded me of H. Beam Piper's "He Walked Around The Horses". Why?  A College Freshman seeking shelter in a storm suddenly finds himself in an alternate North America three hundred years after it was settled by royals fleeing a devastating European plague. So, no United States. No industrial revolution.  just a hodge podge of small  sovereign nations always on the edge of war. Into this is dropped, our American teen. What does not kill him makes him stronger, and he grows into the adult he wasn't.

It did grab me, and it was three dollars well spent. Good story. Well drawn characters. Good action sequences. I liked it and look forward to more. Highly recommended.

No comments: