Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Recently Read

The Demons of Paris, by Eric Flint, Paula Goodlett, Gorg Huff

Honestly, with some of these collaborations I'm not sure how much Eric Flint actual has to do with them. This isn't a 1632 novel but the premise is similar in that a group of modern teenagers and their teacher finds them selves thrown back in time, 14th Century France, and adventures ensue. The twist is the transfer takes place when during the summoning of a demon to assist in the search for a serial murderer. It didn't really grab me. The story is slow paced. It was boring. Thus the question about how much Flint had to do with the actual writing of this book. He 's done better. Heck, his collaborators have done better.

Monster Hunter Memoirs: Saints by Larry Correia and John Ringo

There is nothing boring about this book. Standard Ringo. I traded off sitting on the edge of my seat with laughing my ass off. The plot? Chad saves the world more or less and that's all you need to know before you read it. I don't know that we will get more from Ringo but I can hope. Highly recommended.

5 comments:

Jeffersonian said...

My understanding is the Ringo books were going to be a trilogy. I have Saints in hold queue at the library.

By the way, Girls und Panzer, das Finale, episode 1 (of 6), is now available at the usual sources. There's talk of a third (or second depending how you count) season of GATE soon also.

kahr40 said...

The Ringo books are a trilogy but the last line of the book opens it up for more. I won't say how cuz I don't want to ruin it for you. I look for Girls und Panzer. Currently watching Naruto and Bleach plus other odds and ends as time allows. B: the Beginning on Netflix was pretty good. I'm also watching Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online a sequel of sorts to Sward Art Online which I loved.As for GATE, I think I read they are waiting for the manga to catch up to the anime so they have material. Hey if you read ebooks I'd be happy to top you off through your website email. Let me know.

kahr40 said...

What is your source for Girls und Panzer. I use Cruncyroll and it isn't there yet. They've been releasing the episodes in theaters in Japan. I can't find any online as of yet.

Anonymous said...

https://nyaa.si/?f=0&c=0_0&q=panzer

kahr40 said...

Uh huh, Make sure you wear protection